- Start researching colleges and universities. Go to college fairs and open houses. Learn as much as you can about colleges online.
- Begin planning college visits. Try to visit colleges near you over spring break. Include a large, medium size, and small campus.
- Request recommendation letters from the counsleor and teachers.
Juniors, here are tips on what to do as you embark on your college admissions journey.
- Develop a preliminary list of colleges that interest you. Go online to request additional information.
- Take a look at some college applications. Make note of all the pieces of information you will need to compile. Make a list of teachers, counselors, employers, and other adults who could write letters of recommendation.
- Consider lining up a summer job or internship.